Sunday, October 18, 2009

Met Monday!

Welcome to another Met Monday..for more great blogs, check out our wonderful host over at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Well as I was looking around for great Fall items at my fav. place..Pottery Barn I found this:
This beauty you can have in your home for a mere 79.00. Well I decided to try and make my own. Let me tell you it took longer to get the supplies together than it did for me to toss it together. Now for my Thanksgiving table, I will take more time..but hey..I am on a deadline to get ready for Met Monday!
I sent hubby out to supplies, not to Michael's, not to Hobby Lobby but to the yard. I asked for berries and magnolia leaves. This guy was my bonus..yuk! I am not a bug person.


These are whats leftover of my supplies hubby brought in.




This is my final product. I had the sugared pears and the candles, but everything else is natural from the yard.






Hope you enjoyed my quick Met Monday!








10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, that's using your head (and your hands) to get a great look!

Happy Met Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Very pretty. I'm going to find some magnolia leaves - I love it.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

That looks beautiful! Love the magnolia leaves. Great project!

Paula@SweetPea said...

That will make a lovely Thanksgiving centerpiece. What did you use for you base?

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Soooo pretty! I have a magnolia tree in my yard and use the leaves alot in decorating. They last forever!!!

I love this!

Lou Cinda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it is so pretty. I love all the wonderful magnolia leaves and your version is so much prettier than the one at Pottery Barn. You did a fantastic job. Hugs, Marty

Margaret said...

Paula,

For the base I used this metal oblong plate that came with candles on it one year. It actually was in the box of toss out or donate my husband and I were putting together so I grabbed it back out. LOL

Phyllis @Around the House said...

wow you did a wonderful job, it looks so pottery barn, I love it.

Moore Minutes said...

Oh wow! I'm impressed. You are very artistic, it looks beautiful. Great work.

Happy Met Monday!

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/walls-wrapped-in-charm.html

kanishk said...

Very pretty. I'm going to find some magnolia leaves - I love it.
Work from home India