Monday, July 16, 2012

Goodwill Chair Revamp


I ran into my local Goodwill and spotted this sad little lady..she was all shaky and her seating was falling apart and she was only $5.00.  I was thrilled and grabbed her up. I loved the bamboo looking wood and thought she could be a real beauty again.



 Don't you love the bamboo look? Even sideways? LOL

 I found this fabric and loved the colors, it was as if it was made for my little chair!
Tightened her up. painted her a deep black and recovered her seat. I think she looks pretty sassy now! Thanks for stopping by!

Hooking up with:



Primp your stuff wednesday
Uncommonly Yours
Hooking up with HoH
Under $100 Party
tutorials-tips-and-tidbits
Thursday:Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Inspirations
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
hello-its-friday-once-again

12 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You have done an AWESOME job with this awesome thrifty treasure!

WELL DONE!!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Super cute changes. Love that fabric on that style chair!
Liz

Number Fifty-Three said...

I love the fabric! Great transformation. I just finshed painting a bamboo legged plant stand in white and silver, but I love the black you used! I found your link on Primp.

Angela

Liz said...

Really nice! Liz

Anonymous said...

Great job!! Love your fabric choice!

Sarah Leonard said...

I love the print of that fabric - it looks so nice!

Visiting via the Creative Inspirations Hop :)

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This IS a sassy chair! The fabric is wonderful with the black! Thanks for sharing this at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

Just Jaime said...

Love the new fabric!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Fun fabric choice-beautiful. Thanks for linking up!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Hi Margaret: What a lovely redo--I am working on a chair redo right now, and need to get it finished! I love the bamboo detailing on yours and the great seat fabric you chose--very pretty!

Christine @ Let's Get Crafty! said...

I LOVE IT! I have a pillow in the same pattern. LOVE LOVE LOVE :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a pretty redo! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My Romantic Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse