Friday, March 14, 2014

Ballard Designs French Bunny Pillow DIY

I love Spring and I love a sweet bunny. A few weeks ago I made a cute little bunny pillow you can find here. After falling in love with it, I started searching for another bunny pillow to make. When Ballard Designs came out with these wool pillows a year or so ago my heart skipped a beat. How sweet is that French bunny? Too cute, but the price tag of over 50.00, not so sweet. I was thrilled to find images on the internet for a bunny very much like this one.


When I did my first bunny pillow I bought several of these pillow covers from Hobby Lobby for half off.  Costing a mere 2.50 each, can you beat that? I am all about the pillow covers because I love changing them out for the seasons and I love a good down pillow.


I had this transfer paper from Amazon. It came in a package of 18 sheets for about 16.00.


I also had this fabric pen from Amazon, but you can find them anywhere.


Here is the image I found online *** The blogger who created this image can be found over at Confessions of a Plate Addict. Hop on over there to see all the great things she does!***




I took my ruler and marked out a border that I filled in with my fabric pen.

I printed out my bunny on the transfer paper. I trimmed around the bunny pretty close as well as around the lettering. Put them where I wanted them on the pillow and followed the transfer paper ironing instructions. Super simple.

And here is my beautiful French bunny pillow. Now each time I walk through my family room my heart skips a beat. I love him! It also thrills me that he cost me under 5.00 to make. Now that's a nice savings!

Hope you have a great week.

I'm joining:
Saturday
Reasons To Skip The Housework

Sunday

Tuesday
tweak it Tuesday
Tuesday to do
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z
CowGirl UP @ Cedar Hill Ranch 
House on the way
Inspire Me Tuesday
Kammys Korner
Show Me What Ya Got
Be Inspired 

The Scoop Spring Party
Brag about it


Wednesday
Chic By You 
Wow Us Wednesdays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
 Penny Pinching Party
 Made by Me
From Dream to Reality
Whimsy Wednesday
Wow me Wednesday
Wednesdays Adorned from Above
Whats it Wednesday
Before and After Wednesday!

Adorned from Above
Centerpiece Wednesday 
Worthwhile Wednesday


Thursday
Fine Craft Party
Beyond the Picket Fence Sweet Haute Think Tank Thursday
Creative Inspirations Linky Party live laugh I Gotta Create
Throwback Thursday The Project Stash Create It Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursday Home and Garden Thursday
A Creative Princess Share Your Cup Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursday Time Travel Thursday Thriving on Thursdays 





Friday
French Country Cottage  Common Ground  Rooted In Thyme  Shabby Nest  Romantic Home
The Charm Of Home  Jennifer Rizzo Liz Marie Blog  Redoux Interiors  Serenity Now Blog  Fresh Eggs Daily



24 comments:

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

They are beautiful & cute at the same time! I'm stopping by from the Weekend Re-Treat Party.
Thanks
Angie
PS – “The Great Blog Train” (blog hop) is currently live on my blog –we'd love to have you hop on board! The Destination this month is Windsor, Ontario CANADA! Thank you! Great Blog Train

Natasha in Oz said...

I love the cushion you made! I can't believe it only cost you $5! Well done!

My weekly Say G'Day Saturday linky party is on now so please pop by if you have a chance; this post would be a perfect addition.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

These are just so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing them at Best of the Weekend - pinning to our party board. Hope you have a happy Sunday and a wonderful week!

Clara said...

Oh...I just love your pillows and you found such a good deal on the covers. Thanks for the tutorial. I've been meaning to make some for myself.
~Clara

eileeninmd said...

I love your bunny pillow! You are talented! Well done and thanks for sharing. Have a happy week ahead!

Marti said...

That is such a cute pillow. In fact, all your pillows are cute. Thanks for the instructions.

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

I love this image, too, I've seen it used quite a bit. And it looks awesome on your new pillow!
I saw you sharing at Our Sunday Best Showcase.
Debbie :)

Unknown said...

Your pillow is so stink'n adorable. Thanks for sharing the how to's.
Traci

Snap said...

I love your bunny pillow. Thanks so much for sharing your "how-to". I'll have to look for those pillow covers and get prepared! have a lovely week.

Linda said...


Love your New Pillow.
I have the same image saved on my computer, don't remember where I found it either.
It sure made a nice addition to your room.
visiting from BNOTP

Linda C in Seattle

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Your pillow turned out great. The general design was inspired by Ballard but that specific design was originally created by DEBBIE at CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT. Here is her original post:http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-spring-favoritemy-ballard-inspired.html

Those Hobby Lobby pillow covers are amaing and what a great price. Thanks for joining us at The Scoop.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your bunny pillow! I love your cute pups too. Thanks for sharing and blessings to you, Patti

Anonymous said...

I commented last week on your cute bunny pillow and now you've got more! These are so sweet and affordable. I have not tried to transfer an image to fabric but you've inspired me. Thanks so much for sharing. I saw your link at DIY link party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

Artsy VaVa said...

I love the pillow!!!

Cindy DIY beautify said...

Love this! Bunny is adorable :)

Brooke said...

What a gorgeous pillow, and for such an amazing price! Thanks so much for sharing! Enjoy your day!

bj said...

OOO, I am sooo in luv with your bunny pillow. I am talentless and can't do things like this. Interested in making one to sell..??
Over from Ivy and Elephants.

Mindie Hilton said...

What cute pillows, and even better price. Please come share at Bacon Time linky, if you have not already.We would love to have you at the party.

KimMalk said...

That is just so cute! What a great pillow to copy. It has such a chic look. You did a wonderful job.

Nancy said...

This is so charming. Well done.

Diann said...

I love your pillow! Great job making it. I have featured this post on the new Pinterest board I created for TTF features today! http://www.pinterest.com/thriftygroove/thrifty-things-friday-features/
And you will be featured on TTG FB page as well! https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

The Tablescaper said...

These are adorable!

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your pillow really did turn out cute and what a fantastic price! I have some of that transfer paper, but haven't tried using it yet. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Good Time Charlie said...

So cute! The price of that paper is far better than the brand I have and almost never use! Thank you for sharing at Redouxinteriors!