Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Banner DIY

Spring is on it's way and it is busier than ever around this house. My daughter is moving to Galveston for a year to further her education.  We are busy getting her stuff together and lots of new projects are in the works for her new apartment.  Today I have a quick and I mean super fast and cheap  almost free project.  For Valentine's day I did this banner.  



For St. Patrick's Day I made this banner.  I am sure you know where this is going. lol



Go to your local hardware or paint store and gather up some free paint swatches in pretty colors.



I found 3 cookie cutters for my banner but you could freehand any shape that you like. I just traced them on my swatches, cut them out and laced them with twine. I attach the twine to two straight pins and just stick them into my wreath.



And now I have a banner with cute yellow ducks, pretty flowers and eggs!



This project only takes 30 minutes or less and cost me nothing. How sweet is that!!



Enjoy your week!
Joining:

Saturday

Sunday


Tuesday
tweak it Tuesday
Tuesday to do
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z
CowGirl UP @ Cedar Hill Ranch 
House on the way
Inspire Me Tuesday
Kammys Korner
Show Me What Ya Got
Be Inspired 

The Scoop Spring Party
Brag about it


Wednesday
Chic By You 
Wow Us Wednesdays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
 Penny Pinching Party
 Made by Me
From Dream to Reality
Whimsy Wednesday
Wow me Wednesday
Wednesdays Adorned from Above
Whats it Wednesday
Before and After Wednesday!

Adorned from Above
Centerpiece Wednesday 
Worthwhile Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop


Thursday
Fine Craft Party
Beyond the Picket Fence Sweet Haute Think Tank Thursday
Creative Inspirations Linky Party live laugh I Gotta Create
Throwback Thursday The Project Stash Create It Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursday Home and Garden Thursday
A Creative Princess Share Your Cup Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursday Time Travel Thursday Thriving on Thursdays 





Friday
French Country Cottage  Common Ground  Rooted In Thyme  Shabby Nest  Romantic Home
The Charm Of Home  Jennifer Rizzo Liz Marie Blog  Redoux Interiors  Serenity Now Blog  Fresh Eggs Daily

6 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

eileeninmd said...

I love your cute spring banner.. Great idea, you are so creative.. Have a happy week!

Crystelle Boutique said...

What a fun and springy idea to make a banner out of paint samples!!!
This would be terrific on my blog hop. Would you please come join the party?
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
Thanks much!! :)
“hugs” Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Crystelle Boutique said...

Yay!! It was so fun to see this linked up at our party. I pinned!! Thanks much!! :)
“hugs” Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

srpprcrftr said...

How smart and thrifty are you, so cute. Love colors, shapes and idea of using something free, the best. Happy Spring

Mindie Hilton said...

Very cool banner! Thanks for sharing at the Anything Goes linky at Bacon Time. Hope to see you again tomorrow.