Friday, March 21, 2014

DIY French Bunny Napkins

Are you sick of all my bunny projects yet?  Over the last few weeks I have shared how to make my 2 bunny pillows here and here. If you can't already tell, I love bunny's and I am so excited about today's project because I kid you not this only takes about 30 minutes top! Are you ready to start? The supplies you need are cotton napkins, yes that means ironing but you really need 100% cotton for the best results. Also needed is transfer paper, scissors, your printer and an iron. Seriously, that's it!
I found my napkins on Amazon, they were 2 sets of 4 for about 15.00. I only used 4 because I am toying with the idea of doing my other french bunny on the other set. We shall see. 



 I also found my transfer paper on Amazon and I love it. Kinda pricey but you will be able to do lots of projects.


 This cute bunny I found on the web and flipped it to a mirror image so I could use it with the transfer paper. If it did not have letting than you would not need to do a mirror image.



I was able to print out 4 images on one page. I always first print it on regular paper to check the size. 



Now for something I do not like. I had to iron the napkins.  And yes, I know I did not get all the wrinkles out but it was enough in the area that I needed flat.


 I cute around the printed image pretty close, placed it printed side down on my napkin  and ironed according to the transfer directions. 


 Now how fun is this, as we lift the paper off the magic happens!


 Now I have a set of cute bunny napkins for Easter or even a Spring Brunch. 


 I hope you have enjoyed my project and just think of all the options you have. Enjoy your week!


I'm joining:
Saturday
Reasons To Skip The Housework

Sunday

Tuesday
tweak it Tuesday
Tuesday to do
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z
CowGirl UP @ Cedar Hill Ranch 
House on the way
Inspire Me Tuesday
Kammys Korner
Show Me What Ya Got
Be Inspired 

The Scoop Spring Party
Brag about it


Wednesday
Chic By You 
Wow Us Wednesdays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
 Penny Pinching Party
 Made by Me
From Dream to Reality
Whimsy Wednesday
Wow me Wednesday
Wednesdays Adorned from Above
Whats it Wednesday
Before and After Wednesday!

Adorned from Above
Centerpiece Wednesday 
Worthwhile Wednesday


Thursday
Fine Craft Party
Beyond the Picket Fence Sweet Haute Think Tank Thursday
Creative Inspirations Linky Party live laugh I Gotta Create
Throwback Thursday The Project Stash Create It Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursday Home and Garden Thursday
A Creative Princess Share Your Cup Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursday Time Travel Thursday Thriving on Thursdays 





Friday
French Country Cottage  Common Ground  Rooted In Thyme  Shabby Nest  Romantic Home
The Charm Of Home  Jennifer Rizzo Liz Marie Blog  Redoux Interiors  Serenity Now Blog  Fresh Eggs Daily



36 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

What a wonderful project. I'd love to have your napkins on my Easter table!

Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

These are really pretty! Love how easy it seems.

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Oh - these are so cute! Beautiful, actually! You are right, they would go with any kind of spring type meal, not just Easter - though for Easter they would be just perfect! BTW, I also love your pillows! Thanks for the tutorials!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Lov'n these - so pretty and looks so easy too. Thanks for linking them at the DIY Sunday Showcase Party! I've also pinned them to our DIY Sunday Showcase Board.
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

Marigene said...

Cute, cute, cute napkins.

Kathy said...

I love it! Just perfect! I'll have to look for my transfer paper!
I appreciate you sharing,
Kathy

eileeninmd said...

What a fun craft project..The bunny napkins are cute! Thanks for sharing, enjoy your week ahead!

Tea in the Library said...

Very nice!

Veronica Roth said...

Terrific fun! I keep meaning to buy some iron-on transfer paper. Yes I can imagine the possibilities! :)

Veronica Roth said...

Terrific fun! I keep meaning to buy some iron-on transfer paper. Yes I can imagine the possibilities! :)

Stampin' VMG206 said...

These turned out darling! Thank you for the great step by step.
Thank you for sharing this at DIY Showcase on VMG206.
~ Megin of VMG206

Anonymous said...

Love this project. Very sweet!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love them!

Crystelle Boutique said...

What a fun napkin! So perfect for Easter time. That transfer paper you have must be awe3seom quality, the last time I used transfer paper it got extremely stuck..... Took me hours to pick it all off..... Haven't used the stuff since.....
:) Have a terrific Tuesday!!
“hugs” Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Margaret, what a wonderful image and I love these napkins! Thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend - pinning to our party board! Have a happy Tuesday and a wonderful week!

Likes adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Likes adventures said...

I love all things French. How do these hold up to washing? I have never used the transfer paper before.
Thank you!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love your sweet French napkins.

Dee
http://alapinlife.blogspot.com/

Warm Heart Bears said...

Hello Margaret,

What a wonderful idea! And so simple! Thanks for sharing your idea with us.

Bear Hugs,
Carolyn

Donna Wilkes said...

There is always more room for bunnies. I am quite taken with the French hare graphic over at The Graphics Fairy. I use him many times on linens. Love the place settings.

Unknown said...

This is adorable! So simple and super cute! Thanks for sharing on Its A Party link up over at the Creative Princess!

Cybele Masterman (Bele) said...

What gorgeous bunnies and a fantastic idea. It reminds me of Fornasetti x

Vintage Paint and more... said...

These are so cute and I love them.. Your technique looks simple enough I may have to try it. Definitely pinning this for future reference. Thank you for the inspiration... Cathy

Pamela said...

Love these! Thanx for sharing at THT.

Sarah said...

These are adorable! Great that you can use them other than Easter.

One More Time Events said...

Stopping by to thank you for sharing at One More Time Events and let you know you have been featured! This weeks Party is Open!!! Hope to see you again this week… Tammy

Dawn Pasco said...

Saw your project on Fabulously Creative Friday. I love your napkins. I was curious if they wash well? I've never used the transfer paper before, but would like to try it.

Silhouette School said...

Hi there!
Thank you so much for linking up your gorgeous bunny napkins at the Link It or Lump It Link Party last week. I love your table setting so much! I wanted to let you know I've picked it as one of my features this week. Come on over and check it out and grab a button! - Melissa
http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/03/link-it-or-lump-it-link-party-32-plus.html#more

Anonymous said...

You had me at "french".... Haha! Great project, and I love the way you put the whole thing together! I pinned you! You can see it at @shabbynot4gotten.
Thanks!
Ash@sn4g
http://shabbynot4gotten.blogspot.com/

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Margaret,
Thank you for sharing these darling napkins at my party. Come by today and grab my featured button for your blog. Yes...you have been feature at my party today.

Blessings,
Linda

Adorned From Above said...

Very cute napkins. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
Have a great week.
Debi and Charly

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/make-it-pretty-monday-week-95.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

These are darling! I bought some transfer paper at Walmart about 6 months ago but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

Really lovely napkins. I have a bunny pillow on the blog that would make great match to these napkins.

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

These are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your project. I am sure I will be trying this in the future, it will be nice to make some special napkins for a table!

Unknown said...

Attractive and new idea! I love how the table set into a new one. The bunny napkin is beautiful. I enjoy the project that you have presented us. Cool!

Sebastian of
Factory Direct Gazebo