Saturday, March 1, 2014

DIY Bunny Pillow

I don't know about you but I love pillows, pillows of  any size.  What I have learned over the years is to buy good down pillow inserts and just change out the covers. By doing that you save a ton on storage room, it's easier to store pillow covers verses big fluffy pillows. For Spring and Easter I really wanted a bunny pillow, so I went online and searched images.  And I found this one! 


I found these 18x18 faux linen pillow overs at Hobby Lobby. they are reg. 4.99 each but they were half off! SCORE!! Only 2.49! WOOHOO

  I printed out the bunny image on paper and decided it was just too small. 
 I cut it in half and enlarged each half. yes I am sure there is an easier way but I am so not computer savvy!

  I pinned my two halves together and it was just the size I wanted. Now while I know lots of people use transfer paper or freezer paper, I went old school.
 I traced the bunny in pencil
 Took a fabric marker and went over the pencil
 Filled in the entire bunny with the marker. Now I did this because I wanted to use paint but did not want layer after layer of paint, so this was kinda like a primer for me.
 I went over the ink with paint and while it dried I thought maybe I would like my bunny to have a puffy tail. So I went and grabbed the leftover yarn from my Wool Wreath and made a little pompom tail that I just safety pinned on.

 And here is the final pillow, I really do love it. So for a cost of 2.49 + tax is the cost of this little beauty. I had the pillow insert, I had the paint and yarn. So I think this was a really quick inexpensive project. Just the kind I love!

Joining:

Saturday


Funky Junk  Pieced Past Times  Debbie Doos  Its Overflowing  Crafts A La Mode  A Little Claireification  
Designed Décor  Be Different Act Normal  Made From Pinterest  Too-much-time.com/  Mommy On Demand  
Reasons To Skip The Housework


 Sunday

Under The Table And Dreaming  Nifty Thrifty Things  Suburbs Mama Flamingo Toes  The Table Scaper  
One More Time Events  Twigg Studios  The-chicken-chick  VMG206  Delineate Your Dwelling  Sundays Best


Monday
Boogieboard Cottage
Its Overflowing
Inspiration Monday Party
Mosaic Monday
More the Merrier Monday
 Motivate Me Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
DIYShowOff
Make it Pretty Monday
Monday Funday

Making the World Cuter


Tuesday
tweak it Tuesday
Tuesday to do
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z
CowGirl UP @ Cedar Hill Ranch
House on the way
Inspire Me Tuesday
Kammys Korner
Show Me What Ya Got
Be Inspired 

The Scoop Spring Party
Brag about it


Wednesday
Chic By You
Wow Us Wednesdays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
 Penny Pinching Party
 Made by Me
From Dream to Reality
Whimsy Wednesday
Wow me Wednesday
Wednesdays Adorned from Above
Whats it Wednesday

Before and After Wednesday!

Adorned from Above
Centerpiece Wednesday


Thursday
Fine Craft Party
Beyond the Picket Fence Sweet Haute Think Tank Thursday
Creative Inspirations Linky Party live laugh I Gotta Create
Throwback Thursday The Project Stash Create It Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursday Home and Garden Thursday
A Creative Princess Share Your Cup Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursday Time Travel Thursday Thriving on Thursdays





Friday
French Country Cottage  Common Ground  Rooted In Thyme  Shabby Nest  Romantic Home  
The Charm Of Home  Jennifer Rizzo Liz Marie Blog  Redoux Interiors  Serenity Now Blog  Fresh Eggs Daily


30 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays!

- The Tablescaper

Unknown said...

I love this…especially the pom pom! Fab!!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Very crafty, love the tail!
Jenna

Emily said...

Love this! The tail totally makes it

Tina said...

Love the pillow, especially the tail.......so cute.

eileeninmd said...

Very nice! I love your bunny pillow. The tail is cute. Enjoy your new week, Happy March!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is such a cute project and you make it look...easy? heeehee! I love pillows, lots and lots of pillows! Hugs!

Donna Wilkes said...

The hare silhouette is one of my favorite images. Love the idea of just changing out the covers instead of the whole pillow.

Unknown said...

Aww. Too cute!I would love for you to share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-2.html. Hope to see you there!

Rhissanna said...

What a lovely idea and the little fluffy tail adds a real note of charm. You know, I hadn't considered just inking and painting the design for larger images. How clever!

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Love this cute little bunny!
Thank you for sharing this at DIY Showcase on VMG206. I'm featuring your post tomorrow in my DIY Pillow Round Up!
~ Megin of VMG206

The Style Sisters said...

Super Cute!! I would love it if you would come join us for Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and share your creativity with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/03/centerpiece-wednesday-115-see-and-share.html Hope you will come and party with us.
Karin 

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fabulous is this. I love it and what a great tutorial too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

tdburf said...

I love your pillow idea and shared it on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/timelesstreasuretrove?ref=hl.

Pamela said...

He turned out so cute! Thanx for sharing your pillow over at THT.

Unknown said...

So cute--!I especially love the tail! I'll have to check out the pillows at Hobby Lobby now. :)

Unknown said...

The pom pom tail is adorable on this great pillow. Thanks for sharing it.
Traci

Babs said...

Your bunny pillow looks great! I really like your graphic. I think he's related to the bunny/hare I just bought. Love yours with the cute pom pom tail.

One More Time Events said...

Stopping by to thank you for sharing at Share it One More Time at One More Time events and let you know you have been featured …Hope to see you again at this weeks Party! Tammy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is so cute and I love the pompom tail! I'm featuring you on my FB page this week.Thanks for sharing this at TTF!

Linda

Anonymous said...

I just came across your bunny pillow featured at the One More Time link party. I love it. If I can squeeze a bit of time into my next couple of weeks I want to try it. Thanks for the directions. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

The Style Sisters said...

I highlighted this post tonight on Centerpiece Wednesday!!
Karin
Www.thestylesisters.blogspot.com

Domesblissity said...

Margaret, this is so gorgeous. I want to have it for all year round! Thanks so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays. I'm featuring this at tomorrow's party!

Anne xx

Domesblissity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

This is so clever and cute! I'm going to put this on my to do list! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Your bunny is so cute!! Great project for Easter! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Jody

The Charm of Home said...

Really cute.

The Charm of Home said...

I am featuring this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home.
Sherry

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

What an adorable pillow, and the pom pom pushed it over the top! This is really too cute! Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

LOVE this! I've got to try it. I love seasonal pillows but not the price or having to store a whole pillow. With a pillow cover you can just stash them in a drawer!

Thanks for sharing a great project!
Blessings, Edie Marie