Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am a Southern Lady..

I was born in the south, I am a southern woman by all senses of the word..I have my garden hat (mine is much larger, but this gives you the idea)


I have my garden gloves, although I can not stand not being able to actually feel the dirt..



and I have my starter plants and seeds.



I do this every year, I dream big, start out with a bang ...



and than by June its just hot in Texas and I don't care for them the way I should and end up with something like this: OK maybe not this bad, but you get the picture!



You would think it would be in my blood as a southern lady, but all I can say is I am a southern lady that needs to stay indoors in the ac, not outside in the heat. I will try again this year, lets see how far I get!
Or maybe I am not the tomato growing, dirt tilling southern lady I think I am, maybe I am more the mint juleps on the porch with a ceiling fan over me, pointing to where things need to go or be watered type of Southern lady..hmmmm might have to think this one over.

3 comments:

Debra Howard said...

I'm kind of like you but I have figured out how to re route that problem. If I plan it & get up & outside about 7 am then I don't notice the heat as the day gets hotter. I couldn't believe the difference it made I get so much done on those days.
Debbie

ellie mae said...

I would like to pass along an award to you. I'd be honored if you would go by and pick it up. Ellie :)

ellie mae said...

Thank you for the comment on my new sign :)